- deadlift 5/3/1 or 3/2/1 (Probaby 3/2/1)
- deadlift back off sets (RPE Style)
- weighted pull up 50 reps or really heavy 5x5.
- db or bb row 3x5-8
- standing curl 4x10
- benchpress 5/3/1
- benchpress back off sets (RPE Style)
- db press heavy 3x5
- incline heavy 3x5-10
- skull crusher 3-4x10-12 ss w/
- side raises 3x10-15
- squat 5/3/1
- squat back off sets (RPE Style)
- leg press 3x6-10
- leg curl3x6-10
- calf raise 3-5x6-20
- db or bb row 4x10
- chin up 50 reps min
- ISO row 3x8-12
- Close Grip pulldown 3x10-15
- standing bb curl 4x8-12
- reverse curl 4x10
- db or bb bench 4x8-12
- db press or Arnold press 3x8-12
- hammer strength incline 3 x 12
- side raises 3x 10-15
- skull crusher 4x10-12
- BBC pulldowns 4x 10-15
- front squat or backsquat 4x8-12
- leg press or hack squat 3x10-15
- leg extension 3x15-20
- leg curl 3x12
- standing calf 4x?As far as structure goes, I still want to do heavy compounds but I’m baulkin’ brah so I need some o’ dat dere hypertrophy work as well. This is why I have 3 heavy/3 hypertrophy days. RPE style basically calls for doing one top set and then reducing the weight by 5%-7% and doing sets with that until you can no longer hit the same amount of reps on the next set. For example, if I work up to a top set of 185x3 on bench, I would then drop that to ~175 and do sets of 3 until I can’t hit 3 reps on the next set. It is a form of auto-regulation.Abs will be worked 3x a week. I’ll do cable crunches or weighted incline sit ups or something. I am looking for a place to throw rear delt work in. I’m thinking of throwing it in on the heavy push day just to keep it with the shoulder movements. Also, I might need more chest and shoulder volume but that might call for a long workout.I keep most of the arm movement reps high even on heavy days because I am afraid of messing my elbows up with heavy weights.
Overall, I like the structure of Legs, Push, Pull. You lose out on a strict OH Press day, but I don’t feel like the press does much to develop the shoulders aesthetically and should really take a back seat to the big 3 anyway.
There’s a lot of volume on heavy pull day, especially with RPE. I don’t know if you’re accustomed to it or not. Of course, if you’re worried about over taxing your CNS just do prescribed reps and that could be the difference between finishing your planned workout or not.
Everything else looks pretty good, I’m sure you’ll figure out as you go along whether you need to add/remove movement.
Also, I feel you on the elbows sir.